1) Twelve-hour workdays suck.
2) Good news! Bullberry called and my .260 Remington Encore barrel is in queue for production.
3) Even though I haven’t posted a damned thing since Monday, TSM has received over 1,000 hits a day anyway. Thanks!
4) My absence must have affected Uncle, since he posted not one, but TWO pieces longer than three lines in total, and the second was mostly his own, not cut-n-paste! Way to step into the breach there, Uncle! That second one was 1,120 words!
5) The comment thread on comparative religion seems to have finally petered (no pun intended) out. I think that one’s responsible for the 1,000 hits a day, myself.
6) Via Joe Huffman (via Ry Jones) I find out that someone in the UK has determined that the subjects there are not only too incompetent to be trusted with firearms, they’re too incompetent to be trusted with fire extinguishers. The logical circle is now complete. No one but “professionals” – i.e.: someone drawing a .gov paycheck – should be allowed to do anything requiring interfacing with danger!
So when will the .gov there start issuing Nerf™ sporks, and collecting up all the flatware? Oh, and issuing pre-pureed foodstuffs to the proles? Someone could get hurt!
I get to go home tomorrow afternoon for the “weekend”. This means I get home between 7-8PM, but I have to be back up here again Sunday evening for another week. In other words, I get to sleep in late Saturday in my own bed. This is week #6, and it looks like I’ll be doing this (with a break over Christmas/New Years) through January and into mid-February.
Sometimes being an engineer isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
But the pay’s pretty good.