Did You Have a Good Weekend?
I did. Celebrated my parent’s 49th wedding anniversary on Friday, took a couple of newbies shooting on Saturday, went in to the office on Sunday and programmed.
This looks like a really busy week, so posting will be light. Sorry about that. So, to give you something to think about (and possibly more information than you really wanted to know about me,) I’m going to follow Steven Den Beste’s lead and answer Acidman’s 25 questions.
1. Do you have a personal hero? If so, who is it?
Um, no. There are a lot of people I really admire, but no single person I’d consider a hero.
2. What is your favorite book of all time and what made it so fucking good?
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert Anson Heinlein.
I think this book is mostly responsible for my political outlook.
3. What does “diversity” mean to you?
Let me quote from someone who put it better than I could:
Diversity is: “…a white guy driving his chinese girlfriend in an Italian car to a Mexican restaurant, and getting pulled over by a black cop.” Mix ethnicities and genders as desired. That’s America, baby!
4. What is the wildest thing you’ve ever done?
Spun a 5.0 liter Mustang off an on-ramp at about 70mph.
5. Do you regret doing it?
No. No harm, no foul. And I think it really proved to me I’d chosen the right woman to marry when she (sitting in the passenger seat) didn’t rip me a new one for showing my ass.
6. Can you drive a stick shift?
Not only can I, I prefer it. I’d much rather stir my own gears.
7. What’s the highest speed you ever traveled in a car?
120 mph indicated. In that same Mustang. It had more in it, but the road didn’t.
8. Were you driving, or riding at the time?
9. Which is better: snakes or spiders?
I prefer snakes. Spiders give me the willies.
10. What is the most disgusting thing you ever ate?
Asparagus. Sue me, but I find asparagus disgusting.
11. Have you ever shit your pants? Be HONEST!
Yup. Syncoptic episode, voided my bowels. Not pleasant. When I regained consciousness someone was looking down at me and said “Are you OK?” To which I replied: “If I was OK, would I be laying here?”
12. Was losing your virginity an enjoyable experience?
No. Educational, yes. Enjoyable, no.
13. Should oral sex be outlawed or encouraged?
Who in their right mind would want to outlaw it?
14. Name one man with a fine ass.
Not my cuppa. I suppose you could pick any random Chippendale dancer. At least that’s what my wife says.
15. Do you watch golf on television? If not, will you iron my shirts?
No, and no.
16. Who is Martha Burk?
A laughingstock, I hope.
17. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I’d drop at least 50 lbs.
18. Do you eat raw oysters?
I don’t eat anything that resembles snot.
19. Are you claustrophobic?
20. If you rode a motorcycle, would you wear a helmet even if the law said you didn‘t have to?
Yes. I’ve studied physics, which is why I wear a seatbelt regardless of the seatbelt laws.
21. Name five great Presidents.
Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Reagan,
22. Name three shitty Presidents.
Carter is the only shitty President I can come up with. Everything he did turned eventually to shit. There were certainly some that were no gems, but I wouldn’t hang the term “shitty” even on Bubba. He was merely bad.
23. Now call me fanny and slap my ass. Just kidding.
24. This is the 4th of July. Did you set off any fireworks?
No, but I went shooting Saturday. Does that count?
25. If you could have dinner and conversation with anyone in the history of the planet, who would you choose?
Robert Heinlein, I think.