The Blogger Quiz:
1. Which political party do you typically agree with? Haven’t found one yet.
2. Which political party do you typically vote for? Republican
3. List the last five presidents that you voted for? Reagan, G.H.W. Bush, G.W. Bush. (I first voted in 1980.)
4. Which party do you think is smarter about the economy? Libertarian
5. Which party do you think is smarter about domestic affairs? Republican, except recently.
6. Do you think we should keep our troops in Iraq or pull them out? We’d better stay. We need to pull out the media, though.
7. Who, or what country, do you think is most responsible for 9/11? Al Qaeda, Osama bin Laden.
8. Do you think we will find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? Haven’t been paying attention? We have found WMD. Just not in massive quantities. The contents of that one artillery shell could have killed everybody in the Superdome. (Hey we’re having a two-for-one sale at Saddam’s House of WMD’s! Two Sarin shells for the price of one! C’mon down! Have title to your camel? One Al Qaeda pay stub? We can finance! The first five customers get a Mustard Gas shell free!)
9. Yes or no, should the U.S. legalize marijuana? Yes. And most other illicit substances. It won’t make everything wonderful, it will cause numerous different problems, it won’t get Big Government out of our lives, but it’s NOT THE BUSINESS OF GOVERNMENT to protect us from ourselves.
10. Do you think the Republicans stole the last Presidental election? No. They kept the Democrats from doing it. Changing the rules in the middle of the contest is WRONG.
11. Do you think Bill Clinton should have been impeached because of what he did with Monica Lewinski? Bill wasn’t impeached for playing hide the salami with Lewinski, he was impeached for lying under oath. And he should have been convicted. But that would have put Gore in the Big Chair – a frightening thought in itself.
12. Do you think Hillary Clinton would make a good President? Not even of her local Rotary Club.
13. Name a current Democrat who would make a great President: Not great, but I think Zell Miller would be a good one.
14. Name a current Republican who would make a great President: I don’t see one. I like Ron Paul but I often get the impression that he’s too much idealist and not enough pragmatist. I’d like to see Condaleeza Rice run in 2008, though. I think she’d be a good President.
15. Do you think that women should have the right to have an abortion? First trimester, yes. After that, for reasons of medical necessity only. This is based on my belief – and that’s all it is, my belief – that prior to the second trimester the fetus is not yet a person with attendant rights. Sometime between the end of the first trimester and the beginning of the third, the fetus becomes a person with all attendant rights, but a minor over whom the mother has descretion. The “bright line” for me is twelve weeks. (Don’t write letters. I’m not interested in debating abortion. I have enough on my hands debating gun rights.)
16. What religion are you? None. I consider the concept of a Supreme Being, Creator of the Universe, being interested in the activities of we puny humans and able to be swayed by our prayers one of the more ludicrous I’ve ever been presented. If there is a God, I doubt seriously he gives a s*!t about what we do.
17. Have you read the Bible all the way through? Nope. Nor the Torah, nor the Q’uran, nor the Bhagvad Gita, nor… Well, you get the idea.
18. What’s your favorite book? The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, Robert Anson Heinlein.
19. Who is your favorite band? Probably The Eagles. I don’t really have a “favorite,” but I do have all of the Eagles albums.
20. Who do you think you’ll vote for president in the next election? Bush, so long as no new gun control laws are signed. Particularly a renewal of the AWB.
21. What website did you see this on first? Kim du Toit’s.