More Serious This Time
The Friday Five this week isn’t a fluff piece.
Here we go:
1. What do you most want to be remembered for?
This assumes I place some importance on “being remembered,” which I don’t. I do care about being thought of as a good, honest man, though.
2. What quotation best fits your outlook on life?
“It stands to reason that self-righteous, inflexible, single-minded, authoritarian true believers are politically organized. Open-minded, flexible, complex, ambiguous, anti-authoritarian people would just as soon be left to mind their own fucking business.”
— R.U. Sirius in ‘How To Mutate and Take Over The World’
3. What single achievement are you most proud of in the past year?
Nothing in particular.
4. What about the past ten years?
Convincing the woman I love to be my wife.
5. If you were asked to give a child a single piece of advice to guide them through life, what would you say?
“One of the common failings among honorable people is a failure to appreciate how thoroughly dishonorable some other people can be, and how dangerous it is to trust them.”
— Thomas Sowell
Be trustworthy. Trust, but verify. And above all else – THINK!