Another Friday Five
1. What vehicle do you drive?
A 1999 Ford Ranger supercab step-side 4×4
2. How long have you had it?
Since March of 1999 (I ordered it just the way I wanted it.)
3. What is the coolest feature on your vehicle?
The 4WD, of course. And I use it, too, but the half-doors allowing access to the area behind the seats are a close second.
4. What is the most annoying thing about your vehicle?
Lack of power. It has the 4.0L V-6, but I traded in an ’88 5.0L Mustang on it, and I miss the POWER!!
5. If money were no object, what vehicle would you be driving right now?
The Porsche (that’s pronounced “por-sha”, not “porsh”) 911 Carrera 4S. It’s been described as “an appliance for going fast.” Three-hundred twenty horsepower, all-wheel drive, 0-60 in 5.1 seconds, and reliable as an anvil. Stickers at $81,800. And it gets about the same mileage as my pickup.
I’ve always loved the 911.