Planned Obsolescence Update

Remember I was bitching about my iPod not taking music I tried to put on it from iTunes?  Well, I’ve got a 13+ hour drive coming up tomorrow, and I thought, “Let’s just wipe the thing and start over from scratch and see if that helps.”  So I made a backup of the iPod, and proceeded to reset it to factory default.

And apparently I’ve bricked it.

Every time I try to get iTunes to recognize it now, I get:  “We could not complete your iTunes Store request.  An unknown error occurred (0x80090326)”

Which translates, as far as I can tell, to “BUY NEW HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE YOU LUDDITE!”

So my (mumble-) year-old iPod that had about 35 hours of music stored on it is now magically wiped clean, and is completely useless for its intended purpose.

Yay me.

I hope Steve Jobs is suffering on the eighth level of Hell being sodomized by a barbed-wire-wrapped fencepost.

UPDATE:  I got it working.  Connected it to the iTunes running on my wife’s Windows7 laptop.  Recognized it as an iPod immediately and let me configure it as new.  Took it back to my XP machine and iTunes saw it.  Copied my music over, looks like it all took, as I listened to 13.5 hours worth without a hitch on the way to Reno.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.